I've decided to take a hard left and start blogging my observations as someone from "up north" as they refer to it here, living in Research Triangle Park, NC. I think I have a unique slant on this given that I grew up in a small town, moved to a major city, then to the South to an area with a population somewhere in between southern Indiana and Chicago. Secondly, I'm black and female. Just as north and south are different, being black in the north and black in the south are different - not better,not worse, just...different.

My sincere hope is that this doesn't come off as ridicule; the truth is that over time I've grown to love NC because it is real. It has it's own unique culture, traditions, and rhythm and I'm not sure I'd leave now.

Next up I'll explain the quail dinner special in the description...K