Thought I'd link this to contribute the discussion among my cohorts as to how to measure web/blog/social media effectiveness. Jeremiah Owyang, closest thing to a "blog rock star" I've seen so far ;-), coins a term 'blog resonance' that I think is worth exploring. They are soliciting input for their roundtable from those of us in the web marketing/social marketing field, which is exciting.(link is below) Seems he and his pals are trying to get at this problem in their roundtable Dec. 5th. I'll be anxious to watch this unfold. --K


Web Strategy by Jeremiah » Factiva to host Social Media Roundtable: "Factiva and I have been engaged in a conversation around Social Media measuring and will be hosting a private roundtable on Dec 5th in the Bay Area. I’ve had fantastic conversations with Daniela, and Glen Fannick.

If your job is to listen to customers that use blogs or other social media tools please contact Daniela as she suggests on her blog post.

To date, there is no single tool that can measure social media for companies, and provide accurate benchmarking. There are several things to measure such as blog resonation, as well as determining “WHO” is creating and consuming social media. In fact, that will be a question nearly impossible to completely ever answer."