I've decided to make my music posts on Tuesdays, in honor of the de facto release day for most new singles and albums. This will be a very organic series; meaning I may write about the oldie but goodie that the iPod played on Shuffle, new artist or album, playlist I came up with, or post a video clip of one of my favorite DJs cutting it up on the 1s and 2s.


I'll also post a weekly "iPod Check", which is something ?uestlove, the drummer for the band The Roots, started on their fan site, okayplayer.com. (OKP has won multiple Webbie awards, definitely worthin bookmarking) What happens is, everyone checks their iPod and posts:


  • Total Number of Songs
  • Your first 10 Songs listed A-Z and Z-A.
  • Top 10 Most Played Songs.
  • Last 10 Songs Recently Played.

So here is my Pod check for this week:
  • Total # of Songs: 4294
  • First 10 Songs listed A-Z
    1. 'Til We Get There - M-1 of Dead Prez
    2. !!!!!! - The Roots
    3. (Do The) Mashed Potatos, Pt. 1 - James Brown
    4. Grindin - Clipse, feat Kardinal Official, Sean Paul, Capleton
    5. (I'm Always Touched) By Your Presence Dear - Marvin Gaye
    6. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - Rolling Stones
    7. (Lay Your Head on My) Pillow - Tony, Toni, Tone'
    8. (Love is Like A) Heat Wave - Martha and the Vandellas (Motown Remixed version)
    9. (Love is ) The Tender Trap - Frank Sinatra
    10. (Nice to Meet You) Anyway - Gavin DeGraw
  • Z-A
    1. Zone Out - Nas
    2. Zealots - The Fugees
    3. Youth - Matisyahu
    4. Your Sweetness is My Weakness - Barry White
    5. Your Portrait - Urban Mystic
    6. Your Love Is All I Know - Chaka Khan
    7. Your Love - The Outfield
    8. Your Love - Frankie Knuckles feat. Jamie Principle
    9. Your Girl - Mariah Carey
    10. Your Boy Al-Alchemist
  • Top 10 Most Played Songs.
    1. Ride the Rhythm - Marshall Jefferson
    2. Cheers 2 U-Playa
    3. Hold it Now(Green Mix) - Beastie Boys
    4. Give It Up or Turn it Loose - James Brown
    5. Sexy Back-Justin Timberlake
    6. How Many MCs
    7. Rock Me Again and Again...- Lyn Collins
    8. She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5
    9. Corners of My Mind-Nikka Costa
    10. My Beat(Derrick Carter mix) - Blaze
  • Last 10 Songs Recently Played.
    1. Born to Be Wild-Damian Marley
    2. Kissin You - Total
    3. Can I Have it Like That-Pharrell feat. Gwen Stefani
    4. If You Had My Love- J.Lo
    5. Butter-A Tribe Called Quest
    6. Mystery of Love-Fingers Inc.
    7. Paul Revere-Beastie Boys
    8. D.E.E.P. - Outkast
    9. Te Gusta- Tony Touch feat NORE,Gemstarr, and Big Mato
    10. Experience Dedication-Talib Kweli

Very technogeek, I know, but I get a lot of new music ideas that way.