Took on the sweet science on my own this week. Im taking over someone else's time slot with my trainer starting next week. I am pleasantly surprised that my speed is increasing on the jump rope. I've been at "down in the valley where the green grass grows" speed since I started, but now I'm able to double-time it. So 2 rounds on the rope. Let me explain this; everything we do is on the ring timer. So 3 minutes work*ring* 1 minute rest*ring, repeat. Trust me this is the longest 3 minutes you will ever endure in your life. So then on to 5 rounds on the heavy bag with my girly pink gloves, working different combinations each time. 75 situps and I am done.

One thing I get a kick out of is the vast cross-section of people that workout at a boxing gym. Truly you never know who or what you are going to see. This time, a dude comes in to the gym brushing his teeth. At 8:00 at night. Crosses the gym brushing, finishes, hops in the ring, and starts working out. Gotta love it.

My trainer and some other pro fighters from my gym, are fighting tomorrow night at the RBC Center. This will be my first boxing match so I'm psyched about being ringside like a celeb.