Famed web strategist, blogger, and grad student Krista Summitt and Grammy-winning rock star Lenny Kravitz announced their engagement today. The power couple will tie the knot in the Bahamas this summer on the private island the couple just purchased. The island will have wi-fi installed in time for the nuptials to allow the press to live blog and Jeremiah Owyang to live Tweet himself into a stupor. Ring bearer will be Krista's nephew Keegan, who will immediately join Kravtiz' band as a drummer after the ceremony.

Summitt explained "I saw this interview on CBS Sunday Morning with Lenny a couple of weeks ago where he said he was saving himself for the right woman because of his Christian faith right? And I said to myself 'Hey I'm single,been saved and baptized since I was 10, I'm a licensed minister. so ,here am I send me!' My people called his people and ba-da-bing, the rest is history." Close friend of the couple and sports journalist Bomani Jones will emcee the reception wearing Keith Lee's vintage pink fur coat. Jones attempted to contact Joakim Noah for a reaction, but reported he was too inconsolable to respond because he "missed his chance". Noah also refused to share any hair care secrets with Jones.

Today show host Ann Curry took her cameras to the midwest to get a reaction from Ms. Summitt's parents and captured this, including Mrs. Summitt almost taking Mr. Summitt out.:



Ms. Summitt's sister had this similar reaction:



After a honeymoon, the couple will split time between Manhattan, Bimini, and April Fools.

Technorati Tags:, , , , ,